After teasing the automotive wet dreams of the general public, Chevrolet has finally released the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray which is the first to bear the Stingray moniker in well over forty (40) years of the brands current gen iterations. This corvette model signifies Chevrolet’s journey to its original inspiration roots after several years of less than amazing OMG-Worthy Corvette designs.
Boasting an all-new LT1 small-block V8 engine good for 450 horsepower and 450 pound feet of torque, this latest Vette will do 0-60 mph in under four seconds.
As of now Chevrolet, has yet to release the 2014 Corvette Stingray’s actual weight with the bells and whistles have noted that they we’re able to cut off 99 pounds of fat in comparison to the previous model. Aesthetically, the Stingray features a more chiseled and aggressive look than the outgoing model and the aggressive, premium styling continues inside several visual improvements with aluminum and optional carbon fiber accents. Those of you with no need to double check your checking account balance, I highly recommend that you opt for the LT3 package as it boasts all the must have car enthusiast features.
For more details on the 2014 chevrolet corvette stingray head over to Autoblog.
[dcs_ngg id=”167″ w=”80″ h=”80″ number=”0″ tips=”true” bshow=”false” /]
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Specifications
- Engine: LT1 6.2L V8
- Horsepower / Torque: 450/450 (estimated)
- Fuel Delivery: Direct Injection
- Compression Ratio: 11:5:1
- Manual Transmission: 7-Speed w/ Active Rev Match
- Automatic Transmission: 6-Speed Paddle-Shift
Features & Options
- Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport ZP (Run-Flat)
- Wheels: 18′ Front/19′ Rear or 19′ Front/20′ Rear (Z51)
- Options Groups: 1LT, 2LT, 3LT
- Roof Options: Painted Carbon Fiber, Transparent, or Visible Carbon Fiber
- Wheelbase (in/mm): 106.7/2710
- Overall Length (in/mm): 177/4495
- Overall Width (in/mm): 73.9/1877
- Overall Height (in/mm): 48.6/1235
- Weight Distribution: 50/50
- Track (in): 62.8/61.6 (Front/Rear)
- Brack Diameter: 12.6 (13.6 – Z51) Front, 13.3 Rear